- John MacRitchie, Senior Director, Business Development and Strategic Planning, Ryerson University
- Michelle Chretien, Director, Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Technologies, Sheridan College
- Paul Barter, Entrepreneur in Residence, Regional Innovation Centre (RIC)
- Karan Walia, Co-founder & CEO, Cluep
- Piotr Jasiobedzki, Product Development Manager & Staff Scientist, MDA Corporation
6.15pm: Doors Open
6.15pm – 6.45pm: Networking & Light Refreshments
7.00pm: Opening Remarks by Ministry of Innovation, Science & Economic Development
7.15pm-7.25pm: Our Wave Hub Overview
7.25pm-8.25pm: Moderated Panel Discussion
8.25pm-9.00pm: Audience Workshop
9.10pm – 9.15pm: Closing Remarks
9.15pm-10pm: Networking & Wrap Up
WHY ATTEND THE EVENT?
- Connect with the entrepreneurs from the Toronto-Waterloo inovation ecosystem
- Networking opportunities with industry representatives
- Active participation in shaping action around preparing for the future of work
- We aim to start the conversation around the impact & potential impact that AI, Automation and Robotics will have on the future of work. The automation potential across industries is only getting higher, which leaves us to think that the question is not how we avoid this change, but how best we prepare for it.
- According to the McKinsey Global Institute report, A Future that Works: Automation, Employment and Productivity,about half the activities people are paid to do, almost $15 trillion in wages in the global economy have the potential to be automated by adapting currently demonstrated technology, according to their analysis of more than 2000 work activities across 800 occupations.
- Want to connect before the event? Check out our website at ourwavehub.com or give us a shout on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook @ourwavehub
- Disclaimer: If you are unable to attend the event for the reason that the ticket prices are not affordable, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our very best to get you out to the event.